Local libraries and bookstores have great summer reading programs. Get freebies, enjoy special events, and more just for participating!
Return your Read Y’all Challenge Log by July 31st for fantastic prizes
Visit lexpublib.org/calendar for a full list of offerings
CLICK HERE for Lexington Public Library Summer Events (Register early for the Special Events!)
- June 1, 10 am – Noon, Tates Creek
- June 1, 2 – 4 pm, Beaumont Branch
- June 2, 10 am – Noon, Central Branch
- June 2, 2 – 4 pm, Eastside Branch
- June 4, 2 – 4 pm, Village Library
- June 5, 10 am – Noon, Northside Branch
Wrap Up Parties
Come join us for the fun and celebrate the end of summer.
- July 25, 10 am, Central Branch
- July 26, 2 pm, Eastside Branch
- July 26, 2 pm, Northside Library
- July 30, 2 pm, Tates Creek Branch
- July 31, 2 pm, Village Branch
- August 1, 2 pm, Beaumont Branch
Join us at your local HPB on Sunday, June 3 @ 2 p.m. for the Biggest Storytime of the Summer.
KIDS 14 & UNDER
Read 15 minutes a day to keep up an appetite for reading all summer long.
(Grown ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
Slay dragons. Ride broomsticks. Unlock portals. Cast spells. FEED YOUR BRAIN® & fuel the power of your imagination this summer.
Download and use this reading log in June and July. Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week. Once you’ve reached 300 minutes or more, bring your reading log into your local HPB store to claim your Bookworm Bucks on or before August 30, 2018.
Need some suggestions on what to read? The reading recs below will cast a spell on you.
The Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program is here to help you on your way, encouraging you to read books of your own choosing and earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:
- Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal (English or Español). Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
- Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 15th and September 3rd, 2018. Find a Store
- Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
Sign up online. Log your minutes for online incentives. Many area schools participate. Veterans Park Elementary has won the Kentucky Summer Reading Challenge for the past couple of years. Sign up your school! Log minutes starting May 8th!
Complete the reading log for 10 free tokens