Skip to content
Check out the best spring events in Lexington and Central KY for family fun! Springtime is a great time to get out and enjoy the Bluegrass!
Take time to experience something new or continue family traditions of enjoying great events in the area. Lots of the events listed are FREE or very affordable.
1. Get outdoors! The weather starts to warm and it’s a great time to enjoy places like McConnell Springs, Raven Run, the Kentucky Children’s Garden, and local parks. Enjoy FREE days at the Ky Children’s Garden for KU Day in the Garden and Addie’s Day.
2. Top O the Mornin’ to Ya! The St. Patrick’s Day Festival is a great way to spend the day enjoying live music, dancing, and the Parade! *March 14, 2020 – CANCELED 2020
3. Go on a hunt! Easter Events abound and there are hunts, bunnies, and train rides to enjoy all around the Bluegrass.
4. Keeneland. One word. One great day!! A day at the races is a great way to experience what the Bluegrass is famous for! Enjoy Breakfast with the Works as part of the Sunrise Trackside events each Saturday morning, head to the rail to hear the thunderous sound of hooves race past you, relax with a cup of burgoo, and more! Join the Kids Club for FREE and enjoy lots of year round fun! – CANCELED 2020
5. Enjoy a spring time festival. KiteFest is held each year at Jacobson Park. Hundreds of kites take to the skies during this free event. Vendors, music, and other activities are also all around the park. Georgetown International Kite and Culture Festival is held in the spring also. MayFest in Gratz Park is held in the beautiful downtown area of Gratz Park. Enjoy performing arts, visual arts, crafts, vendors, and kid friendly activities.
6. Learn more about native Kentucky animals with a visit to Salato Wildlife Education Center. The Center opens each March and offers events, walking paths, and lots of great live animals like buffalo, elk, deer, turkey, wildcats, a bear, and more! *Opens March 3, 2020
7. Enjoy a trip back in time! Head to the birthplace of Lexington, McConnell Springs, for Founders’ Day. Each year the park recreates life as it was in 1775 when Lexington was founded. *May 16, 2020
8. Stock up on summer clothes! Consignment sale season kicks off in March and runs through April. Grab great deals on clothes, books, shoes, games, and more!
9. Take in a ball game! Spring means the start of baseball season. The University of Kentucky Baseball team plays at Cliff Hagan Stadium and kids 5 and under get in FREE! The UK Softball team plays at John Cropp Stadium. For both sports adult general admission seats are just $8 and kids ages 6 – 17 are just $5. You can also enjoy the Lexington Legends games. They have a FREE Kids Club with lots of perks including free tickets! – Sporting events are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19 precautions
10. Bike Lexington! This annual event is held downtown and has some great kid friendly activities along with a family bike ride through downtown.
11. Head to the zoo! Take a day trip to the Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo. It’s not too hot yet and the zoo can be a great spring adventure. CURRENTLY CLOSED
error: Content is protected !!