Fall is coming and it’s a great time to plan some family fun! The Bluegrass has so much to offer year round but fall is a great time to check out some special events and places that offer wonderful fall fun.
Be watching for 2022 dates as they are announced.
1. Keeneland – Fall meet is a beautiful time to enjoy a day at the races! There are special Kids Club Events, Sunrise Trackside fun as well as Halloween activities planned! (October 7 – 29, 2022 *Racing Wed – Sunday)
2. Get lost in a corn maze! Many local orchards and farms offer corn mazes to enjoy. Have fun on an adventure with the family at a uniquely fall event. For a listing of great corn mazes click HERE.
3. Enjoy an annual tradition! It’s Halloween but there’s so much more than just Trick or Treat. McConnell Springs, the birthplace of Lexington, has a special Jack-o-lantern Trail each year. For just $5 families can enjoy the glow of the pumpkins, there will be campfires and s’mores, live owls from Critters in the Classroom and tasty fall food and beverages. the 2022 Trail dates run October 27 – 30th.
4. Pick a pumpkin! Local orchards and pumpkin patches offer sprawling fields of orange. Take a hayride, enjoy a super slide and some playtime, grab some apple donuts and more at a variety of local spots. They each have something unique so try a new one each year or visit a variety each season! For listings of local orchards click HERE and pumpkin patches click HERE.
5. Get treats! There are local fall festivals and trick or treat events all around the area. Find a complete list that will be updated as we get closer to October HERE.
6. Learn about Fire Safety and have fun! The Fire Prevention Festival in Lexington is held each fall. Check out all the great engines, ladder trucks, and more! Held at Masterson Station Park. (October 9, 2022)
7. Enjoy the beauty of fall on a train ride! For 2022 the Kentucky Railway Museum is hosting The Autumn Express and Fall Break Express. Pick a pumpkin on the Autumn Express or enjoy the views with the family on the Fall Break Express while you create great memories!
8. Celebrate what Kentucky is famous for at The Festival of the Horse in Georgetown. Enjoy live music, a parade, horse fun and more! (September 9 – 11, 2022)
9. Get SCARED! Families will enjoy some spooky fun in the Bluegrass. For a listing of local ‘scary’ events click HERE.
10. The annual tradition of PumpkinMania at Transylvania is a sight to behold! In late October every year you can enjoy hundreds of pumpkins lining the steps at Old Morrison! Carving is set for October 23rd, 2022 and the display will be out through October 27th, 2022.
11. Check out a bit of history and fall fun at HarvestFest at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill on September 24 & 25, 2022. They also have special events in October planned including Spirit Strolls, hayrides, and Halloween Fun!