Skip to content
Get out and explore the Lexington and Central KY with free family fun! Check out 50 great FREE fun things to do with kids in the Bluegrass!
1. Enjoy a day at McConnell Springs – The birthplace of Lexington. Head over and enjoy Founders’ Day in May to celebrate life in 1775 when Lexington began.
2. Hike Raven Run. Try a Stargazing event for a unique night out! (Held monthly year round)
5. Walk the loop and enjoy the beauty of the Arboretum. The Kentucky Children’s Garden also has special days during the year when admission is free.
10. See how Toyotas are made on a Toyota Factory Tour in Georgetown
12. Learn about a new culture at the Chinese Moon Festival (January)
15. Cheer on a runner at A Midsummer’s Night’s Run (August) or the Bluegrass 10K (July). Enjoy all the fun along the streets!
17. Cheer on the Wildcats at a UK Swim and Dive meet. Admission is FREE!
19. Sign your child up for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library! Get FREE books from birth – age 5!
21. Admire the art and crafts at the Woodland Art Fair (August)
22. Listen to a famous author, participate in a cool event, or enjoy story time at a local bookstore. Try Joseph Beth Booksellers in Lexington or Plaid Elephant in Danville.
24. Enjoy Discovery Saturday events at the Living Arts and Science Center
28. Get healthy at the YMCA Healthy Kids Day Event
31. Tour Old Kentucky Chocolates and see how chocolate covered potato chips are created!
34. Visit a local library for one of many great events!
35. Sign up for a Kids Club or Birthday Club to get freebies then head out and enjoy your special day!
36. Check out First 5 Lex for great events for kids preparing for Kindergarten. They offer many FREE events through0ut the year.
37. Kids bowl FREE all summer at local bowling alleys!
39. Sign up for Summer Reading Programs at local libraries and bookstores to get freebies when you complete the program!
41. Head out and try fishing with Free Fishing Weekend. Kids under 16 can always fish for free in Kentucky! (June)
42. Take in some Bluegrass music at the Southland Jamboree held from May – September at Moondance Amphitheatre
43. Visit a variety of art spots during LexArts Hop held numerous times throughout the year
45. Cross the Kentucky River on the Valley View Ferry (Take Tates Creek Road all the way to the river!)
46. Enjoy a day at Court Days in Mt. Sterling – Enjoy a unique outdoor market for goods of all sorts! (October)
49. Hike the Pinnacles in Berea for amazing views of the area
50. Complete the Big Lex Scavenger Hunt offered by the Visit Lex Visitor’s Center.
Follow Lex Fun 4 Kids on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for updates on all the FREE FUN!
error: Content is protected !!