Central Kentucky is a beautiful place year round! Have fun enjoying one of the many events or special places around Central KY this December!
2. Have a family night out at Discovery Night at the Living Arts and Science Center and enjoy learning about Festivals Around the World on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
3. Stop by and see Santa (some offer FREE photos)
4. Visit one of Lexington or Central KY’s favorite light displays like the Harrodsburg Road Firestation or Toronto Road Holidays.
5. Try a cool instrument at the Lexington Philharmonic Instrument Petting Zoo at Joseph Beth on the 15th.
6. Visit Ashland, the home of Henry Clay, and see their grounds lit up and decorated for the season. Join in with special events like candlelight tours and Pajamas and Polar Express.
7. Enjoy Illuminated Evenings at Shaker Village on Saturday evenings in December.
8. Find some holiday gifts at the Scholastic Book Fairs Warehouse Sale at the Lexington Convention Center from December 10 – 13th, 2018
9. Hop in the car and enjoy a trip to the Lights at Buffalo Trace, Louisville, or Cincinnati for some holiday events
10. Enjoy a show at the Lexington Children’s Theatre! This season they present A Charlie Brown Christmas. The show wraps on December 8th, 2019 at 2 pm.
11. Attend a FREE event at the Lexington Public Library.
12. Twirl your way around the ice at the Downtown Lexington Triangle Park Unified Trust Ice Skating Rink! Open November – January!
13. Burn off those holiday treats with some active fun at a local indoor play spot like Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Malibu Jack’s, Monkey Joe’s and more!
14. Give back this season and plan a way to donate with your family. Check out this great list of local organizations open year round for volunteers and giving.
15. Drive through Bethlehem on Saturday, December 8, 2018 and see live actors and animals recreate this beautiful scene. There are also other live nativities in Central KY.
16. Take in a performance of The Nutcracker! There are a few performances around the area.
17. Enjoy the break from school and take a local tour like Ale – 8 – 1, Toyota, or Old Kentucky Chocolates!
18. Take in a UK Athletics event like the UK Women’s Basketball game on 12/15 with a Junior Wildcat Club Milk & Cookies party or UK Gymnastics Blue/White Meet on 12/9.
19. Take advantage of the Louisville Zoo discount ticket offer good through February
20. Board a local train with Santa! This is a great way to enjoy riding the rails.
21. Head to Barnes and Noble for one of many holiday events! They have multiple book signings lined up for this December!
22. Thousands of lights await you at Southern Lights at the Kentucky Horse Park – be sure to stop in to see the holiday trains, Santa, and the petting zoo!
23. Enjoy a small town holiday event with Wilmore’s Old Fashioned Musical Christmas on December 3rd, 2016.
24. Learn something new by touring a local Historical Spot
25. Sign up to make Winter Wildlife Treats at McConnell Springs on the 15th, or sign up for Little Explorers and make Winter Wildlife Treats at Raven Run on the 29th or join the Plant Families:Animals in Winter event at the UK Arboretum on December 8th, 2018.
26. Get out and RUN! The YMCA Reindeer Ramble is December 8th, 2018.
27. Enjoy a special reading of The Polar Express on a stationary train in Sadieville December 7th and 8th, 2018. This unique program is offered by the Scott County Public Library. Tickets are required and will be handed out starting December 1st.
28. Explore the University of Kentucky Art Museum for FREE
29. Enjoy indoor hands on fun at the Explorium. Enjoy cookie making, gingerbread houses, holidays around the world, and the annual New Year’s Noon to celebrate holidays around the world on December 31st offer extra fun!
30. A classic takes the stage at the EKU Center for the Arts! Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer The Musical is coming on December 12th at 7:30 pm.
31. Make your New Year’s Day plans for FREE Day at the Explorium or a hike at Raven Run or McConnell Springs – great annual events in Lexington!