pARTicipate in Art, Science, at the Living Arts & Science Center’s Family Fun Day!
It’s springtime in the Bluegrass and a great time to explore, experiment, and get creative inside and out! Join the Living Arts & Science Center’s teachers, staff and special guests for a free day of hands-on arts, science and music activities on April 26, from 10 am to 3 pm at the LASC.
The event is free and open to the public and offers many new activities as well as annual events. All activities are hands-on and will take place indoors and out!
Special events this year will include:
- Live Aquatic Animals and presentation by the Kentucky Reptile Zoo
- Create instruments and explore the Sound of Science exhibit
- Make your own stick horses and join the Pony Parade!
- Make colorful or kooky Derby Hats
- Experiment along with our Science Specialist and her mysterious science projects
- Construct your own kites and fly them on the lawn
- Take home a free Native Kentucky plant for your garden
- Participate Plankton Races (Hey! They can move too!) and other science experiements.
CRANK & BOOM ice cream will be available for purchase.
The Living Arts & Science Center is a not-for-profit organization that provides creative and unique opportunities for exploration and education in the arts and sciences. Art galleries, a discovery exhibit, and arts and science classes and workshops are provided year-round for children and adults of all ages. In addition, the Living Arts and Science Center partners with community agencies and organizations to provide free hands-on arts activities at community events and programs and classes for special needs and at-risk students.