Skip to content
Mayor Gorton has opened Raven Run and McConnell Springs for visitors however, there are special new guidelines in place for your visit. Plan accordingly and enjoy!
From 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., May 4 – 5, Raven Run and McConnell Springs will be open to first responders, health care workers and senior adults age 60 and over.
From 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., beginning May 6, the two popular hiking areas will be open to the public
The following controls to ensure social distancing will be in place:
MAY 4 (proper identification required):
· Raven Run: Open to First Responders and Healthcare workers and their immediate households.
· McConnell Springs: Open to senior adults age 60 and over, and their immediate households.
MAY 5 (proper identification required):
· Raven Run: Open to senior citizens age 60 and over, and their immediate households.
· McConnell Springs: Open to First Responders and Healthcare workers and their immediate households.
· Open to the public
· Must register on RecTrac (https://parks.lexingtonky.gov/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html). Print receipt and bring it with you for admission of one car only. Call (859) 489-9835 if you need registration assistance. Registration will open on a weekly basis to adjust hike times and vehicle capacity.
· Each registration is good for 2 hours hiking time at Raven Run; 1 hour at McConnell Springs.
· Hike times at Raven Run are 9 –11 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 2 – 4 p.m.
· Hike times at McConnell Springs are 9 –10 a.m.; 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.; Noon – 1 p.m.; 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.; 3 – 4 p.m. Please respect reserved times.
· Raven Run will accept 50 vehicles during each hike session; McConnell Springs, 35 vehicles.
· Nature Centers are closed, but restrooms are open at both Raven Run and McConnell Springs.
· No pets allowed.
error: Content is protected !!