Saturday, November 26, 2016 2 pm – 7 pm
Holiday Market, Holiday LIVE! and Lexington’s Official Tree Lighting Festival
Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 7:00 pm
Main Street between Midland Avenue & Mill Street
Ashland, Henry Clay Estate
A Kentucky Christmas at Ashland
Saturday, December 3rd 10 am – 7 pm
Local craftspeople selling their wares in our Christmas Market . The Ginkgo Tree Café will be open selling seasonal treats. Admission is not charged for our market, but there is a charge for regular tours going on during the day, and a charge for the Candlelight Open House in the evening. And, parking on the Estate costs $5.
Come for the Market and stay for the Ashland Illumination at dusk — several pine trees as well as many of the Estate’s outbuildings will be lit, transforming the grounds into a Christmas village.
A Candlelight Open House Tour of the mansion will begin immediately after the illumination and will go until 7:30. Last guests admitted at 7:00. Tickets are available for purchase at the door and no reservations are required.
Candlelight Tour Pricing:
Adults: $15 Students (age 6-college): $7 Children 5 and under: Free
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 5:30 pm – 7 pm
Santa’s Winter Workshop and Tree Lighting
Join us on Friday, December 2, for a magical evening including pictures with Santa and the Mayor’s Tree Lighting Ceremony. Beginning at 5:30pm at Weisiger Plaza, guests can venture into Santa’s workshop and enjoy holiday music, hot chocolate and kettle corn, and pictures with Santa and his elves. At 6:30 the Mayor will light up the night at the annual Mayor’s Tree Lighting Ceremony. Danville Children’s Choir will perform during the ceremony. Following the ceremony, there will be a reception at the Community Arts Center and a chili supper at the Danville Fire Department.
Southland Drive Tree Lighting at Firestation #12
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 5:30pm-6:30pm
at Fire Station #12 off of Southland Drive
Come on in anytime between 5:30 & 6:30 for complimentary:
• Cookies or donut holes provided by Donut Days Bakery
• Candy provided by Old Kentucky Chocolates
• Hot chocolate provided by Good Foods Coop
• Chicken Wings provided by Willie’s Locally Known
December 3rd, 2016 6 pm
Celebrate the holidays in downtown Winchester with our annual Christmas Parade! This year’s theme is The HeART of Christmas. That’s right! We are celebrating all the makers in our community. From artists to chefs, we applaud everyone who uses their hands and heart to make something special.
Wilmore Old Fashioned Christmas
December 3rd, 2016 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Come celebrate an Old-Fashioned Christimas with the City of Wilmore. After the hot chocolate and tree lighting, residents are invited to tour downtown businesses for open houses, carriage rides, and many different musical experiences. The Family Center will be participating with a show stopping family friendly musical act, a large lite-up Christmas Village with moving displays (carosel, train, ponds, etc), Christmas Crafts and games, AND as usual a clean, warm, place to rest, get little ones wiggles out and use restrooms and changing table.
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 6 pm Parade
Annual St. “Nich” Festival
December 10, 2016 8 am – 7:30 pm (Events through the day)
Visitors will have the chance to bring the kids to the Holiday Story Time and Music, run in the Ugly Sweater 5K, hear the sound of Christmas carolers, and craft vendor shopping for the perfect Christmas gift at the Jessamine County Courthouse and Catalyst Church in Nicholasville.
Also included are:
• Jingle and Mingle All Day Vendor Fair from 10 am -5 pm at Catalyst Christian Church, Jessamine County Courthouse and the Coolidge Building • Shelter Pets’ Christmas Open House from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Jessamine County Animal Shelter on Park Drive–Bring Fluffy and Bubba to meet and have picture with Santa Claus!
• Jingle Bell Jamboree and Ornament Workshop at the Polvino Family Art Center in downtown Nicholasville from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.—The Creative Art League of Jessamine County will host Jessamine County School’s Students Art, plus ornament and Christmas decoration making demonstrations and classes.
• Skaters Waltz on Main Street in front of the Jessamine County Courthouse at 5:20 p.m.—See the Jessamine County Community Volunteer Dancers perform the Skaters Waltz.
• St. “Nich” Christmas Parade following Skaters Waltz—The whole family will enjoy this exciting and fun event—it’s the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit!
Parade Info: Call Ronda May at (859) 797-8360
Vendor Info: Call the Courthouse at (859) 885-4500.
For more information visit www.nicholasvil