The One & Only Beer Cheese Festival in the WORLD!
The Beer Cheese Festival in beautiful, historic downtown Winchester, KY is the only festival in the world dedicated to the celebration of beer cheese!
On Saturday, June 10 from 10 am to 5 pm, downtown comes alive with music, food, crafts, shopping, children’s activities, and of course, beer cheese. Lots and lots of beer cheese!
The event is free to the public.
1. My boys and I have gone for many years and they keep changing it to make it better each year. We love beer cheese and you’ll have a chance to purchase from some of the places you taste. Bring a cooler to keep you snacks in.
2. The lines to taste the beer cheese can be long – come prepared to hang out and chat while you wait to sample.
3. Each vendor has a sample complete with celery, a carrot, cracker or pretzel. You will get lots of tastes!
4. The $5 wristbands are good for just the sampling portion of the festival. You won’t need those to enjoy the street vendors, shopping, music, etc.
5. Some kids activities are additional $. Set your rules ahead of time 🙂
6. Take time to enjoy all the new shops, vendors, and grab freebies along the way. We loved petting animals from a local shelter, grabbing balloons from area businesses, and more.
Friday night event to kick off festival
The festival kicks off on Friday, June 9 with Cheesy Movie Night on Main Street provided by BCTC Winchester-Clark County. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets downtown at dusk for a viewing of a favorite family classic on the Courthouse lawn and Main Street.
Ask almost anyone what the best part of the Beer Cheese Festival is and they’ll tell you, “Sampling beer cheese!” –and they’re right. We start at 10am and go all the way to 5pm. You can sample beer cheese from any of our vendors. Sample them all. Find your favorite. Cast your vote. Proceeds benefit Main Street Winchester. Learn more here.
Ask almost anyone what the best part of the Beer Cheese Festival is, and they’ll tell you, “Sampling beer cheese!” –and they’re right. We start at 10am and go all the way to 5pm. You can sample beer cheese from any of our vendors. Sample them all. Find your favorite. Cast your vote. You can even purchase beer cheese right from the vendors. When you need a break, there are plenty of other things to do at the festival–listen to live music, drink at the UK Alumni Beer Garden, visit arts & crafts or Kentucky Proud booths…and then you can head right back into the beer cheese section, and try some more, because at the end of the day it’s all about the beer cheese! So you’re wondering how the People’s Choice voting and award works and how you get to cast your vote. Here are the answers! Thank you for participating in the prestigious People’s Choice Award! No Refunds and No Replacements for lost tickets or lost wristbands. Beer Cheese wristbands are NON TRANSFERABLE and MAY NOT be shared.
|1. Purchase a $5 wristband* from a beer cheese wristband booth located at either entrance of Beer Cheese Blvd. on Main St. Once your wristband is purchased you will be given (1) ticket to vote for your favorite beer cheese. Wristbands must be worn at all times while at Beer Cheese Blvd. to receive beer cheese samples.|
|2. Sample all the beer cheese you like from the commercial vendors.|
|3. Once you have decided on your favorite beer cheese place your voting ticket into the box located at that commercial beer cheese booth of your choice by 4:15 pm. Tickets will be picked up throughout the day by an official BCF rep. The count will be verified at that time.|
|4. Voting ends at 4:15 pm. The People’s Choice Award will be announced on the Courthouse Steps at approximately 5:00 pm along with the other awards.|
- Beer Cheese Tasting
- 2 Music Stage – 10 live acts
- Arts & Crafts Vendors
- Kentucky Proud Vendors
- Food Court
- UK Alumni Beer Garden
- Amateur Beer Cheese Making Contest
Additional Weekend Events
The Path Home 5K – Clark County Homeless Coalition will host its 6th annual 5k run/walk on Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 8:00 am to support its transitional homeless program. This is a beautiful country road race for a great cause. Bring the family and your friends then head over to the festival to treat yo’self!