2. Hike Raven Run. Try a Stargazing event for a unique night out! (Held monthly year round)
3. Catch a Free Friday Flick at Jacobson Park one summer.
4. Take in some live music at Thursday Night Live in downtown Lexington. (April – October)
5. Walk the loop and enjoy the beauty of the Arboretum. The Kentucky Children’s Garden also has special days during the year when admission is free. KU Day in the Garden in April and Addie’s Day in May.
6. Watch the University of Kentucky Football Wildcats get ready for the season at the Blue/White game or Fan Day.
7. Taste your way around a local Farmer’s Market. Click here for tips on a visit with kids.
8. Enjoy Hats off to Kentucky Day at the Kentucky Horse Park (July)
9. Tour the Ale-8-One Bottling Plant in Winchester
10. See how Toyotas are made on a Toyota Factory Tour in Georgetown
11. Go fly a kite at KiteFest at Jacobson Park in Lexington or at the Georgetown International Kite and Cultural Festival (April)
12. Learn about a new culture at the Chinese Moon Festival (January)
13. Watch the Thriller Street Parade (October)
14. Welcome spring at MayFest in Gratz Park in Lexington
17. Enjoy the Legacy Trail with a walk or bike ride.
18. Relax with some jazz at Ecton Park or Moonlight Pass (April – August)
19. Enjoy a University of Kentucky gymnastics meet and have fun at Excite Night (January). Free tickets are usually offered via Facebook.
20. Check out a movie or performance at the Farish Theater at the Lexington Central Library
21. Admire the art and crafts at the Woodland Art Fair (August)
23. Sign up for the Lexington Legends Kids Club – Free tickets for Sunday games
24. Enjoy Family Fun Day at the Living Arts and Science Center (April)
25. Treat yourself with fall fun at Treat or Treat or other fall festivals
26. Meet some new friends at a local parenting group
27. Learn something new at Family Night at the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning
28. Get healthy at the YMCA Healthy Kids Day Event
29. Take the kids out to eat for a Kids Eat Free night
31. Tour Old Kentucky Chocolates and see how chocolate covered potato chips are created!
32. Cheer on the University of Kentucky Baseball team with FREE seating in the outfield deck!
34. Visit a local library for one of many great events!
35. Sign up for a Kids Club or Birthday Club to get freebies then head out and enjoy your special day!
36. Visit Explorium on New Year’s Day for FREE admission
37. Kids bowl FREE all summer at local bowling alleys!
38. Go build something with your kids! Enjoy a workshop at Lowe’s Build and Grow clinics or Home Depot Kids Workshop.
39. Sign up for Summer Reading Programs at local libraries and bookstores to get freebies when you complete the program!
40. Get artsy at the University of Kentucky Art Museum during a Free Family Day event held throughout the year.
41. Head out and try fishing with Free Fishing Weekend. Kids under 16 can always fish for free in Kentucky!
42. Take in some Bluegrass music at the Southland Jamboree held from May – September at Moondance Amphitheater
43. Visit a variety of art spots during Gallery Hop held numerous times throughout the year
44. Go back in time with Revolutionary Day at the Jack Jouett House in Versailles (July)
45. Cross the Kentucky River on the Valley View Ferry (Take Tates Creek Road all the way to the river!)
46. Enjoy a day at Court Days in Mt. Sterling – Enjoy a unique outdoor market for goods of all sorts! (October)
47. Strike up the band at the Great American Brass Band Festival each summer in Danville
48. Tour the Kentucky State Capitol in Frankfort
49. Hike the Pinnacles in Berea for amazing views of the area